Opportunity and position information: Sales Manager (Central NJ) needed.
Dent Wizard, the industry leader and innovator of the paintless dent removal process was founded 1983. Since then, our goal has been to provide the highest quality of service to a wide variety of clients. Our success as a service business is built on the recognition of skill and effort made by all employees. Currently, Dent Wizard has an exciting and challenging opportunity for an enthusiastic, self motivated Sales Manager to support the CentraCentral NJ area.
Reporting to a District Manager, each Sales Manager is responsible for maintaining existing accounts and prospecting for new accounts in his/her assigned territory, as well as for overseeing daily operations in the territory, including supervision of Paintless Dent Removal (PDR) Technicians
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and expand business with existing customers, as well as actively prospect to develop new business in assigned territory.
- Work closely with District Manager to ensure effective planning and usage of each Technician's time, in order to optimize each Technician’s ability to achieve his/her earnings potential as well as to maximize overall profitability of the territory.
- In collaboration with District Manager, establish monthly and annual sales goals, and develop a tactical plan for achieving those goals.
- Support Hail Team operations when/if a hail storm occurs in the territory, focusing on dealerships and bodyshops where relationships already exist, to secure the hail repair business in those stores.
- Sell PDR for Profit programs.
- Support and assist technicians in providing superior customer service and in maximizing billings in each service drive on his/her route.
- Coordinate new hire orientation to ensure new Technician’s smooth transition in the Company and into his/her assigned accounts.
- Conduct monthly meetings with Technicians to provide aids, tips, and feedback on sales techniques and other performance-enhancement skills.
- Ensure all Technicians receive proper technical support and training to continuously improve their PDR skills.
- Identify and schedule Technicians for advanced training.
- Act as Team Leader and mentor to Technicians, by remaining in close contact with them daily, through a combination of telephone and in-person interface, in order to identify and resolve any concerns or performance issues which may arise.
- Work with District Manager to ensure proper staffing levels are met to handle current and new business opportunities.
- Proactively identify and resolve any issues related to employee performance.
- Conduct and document informal and formal performance reviews to ensure Technicians are aware of their strengths as well as opportunities for improvement. Develop and execute performance improvement plans when necessary.
- Ensure all administrative tasks are completed in a timely and accurate manner, including invoicing and daily call-in numbers.
- Manage tool inventory for territory.
- Handle all incoming requests for mobile retail PDR services, by scheduling appointments between customer and the Technician who will be performing the work.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to successfully manage and coach employees located at dispersed locations.
- Time-management skills.
- Proven ability to effectively manage customer relationships.
- Prior experience in hands-on account management and/or Sales in a services-based company is strongly preferred.
- Automotive service experience is a plus.